The Fish for a Cure (F4AC) is a tournament to raise money for the survivorship program at the Geaton and JoAnn DeCesaris Cancer Institute at Anne Arundel Medical Center. All entries are expected to raise at least $1500.
- Entry Fee
$500.00 per boat (for the Captain and up to three additional anglers) $150.00 per additional angler.
KAYAK DIVISION: A four-man Kayak team may register as one boat. The four-man Kayak team will be afforded the same privileges and be required to abide by the same rules as any individual registered boat.
- FISHING AREA
The Chesapeake Bay and its Tributaries.
- FISHING HOURS
Saturday, November 5, 2016 from earliest legal time designated by MD DNR through check-in time. See section 7 for details.
- ELILGIBLE FISH
- Rockfish Aka Striped Bass – 4 heaviest fish may be eligible for prizes
- Perch - Heaviest stringer of 5 fish
- Grand Slam - Heaviest stringer of 3 unique bay sport fish species such as, but not limited to: Rockfish, Perch, Bluefish, Toadfish, Pickerel, Red Drum, Black Drum, Cobia, Tautog, Speckled Trout, Croaker, Flounder and Spadefish. Non-sport fish bay species, such as Menhaden, Spot, Clam, Eel, Crab, etc. are not eligible. Tournament officials reserve the right to disqualify any fish that they deem is not a true bay sport fish.
- Catch & Release Rockfish - Overall length of 3 longest fish caught per boat (see section 8.2 for details)
- All fish must be legal according to MD DNR rules and laws
- FISHING METHOD
All legal forms of fishing (hook and line only) are allowed, including chumming, trolling, live lining, etc.
All types of line may be used in the tournament. Eels are at your own risk!
- ALL fish, cameras or anglers who emailed photos must be delivered to Eastport Yacht Club’s dock via boat.
- Fish, cameras and anglers must be delivered there or be in the drop off line by 4PM.
- Boats may check in to the drop off line via VHF by hailing the F4AC personnel on the EYC dock on VHF channel 73 prior to 4pm.
- Boats checking in via VHF must be inside the 6 knot zone off Annapolis Harbor, and must receive a hail back from the EYC personnel on the dock, who will only return the hail if they have a visual of the boat hailing.
- Largest fish will be determined by WEIGHT only. Any attempt to weight down fish using ice, sinkers, etc., will disqualify ALL fish from that boat. All fish for the Perch or Grand Slam stringers will be weighed together.
- Only photo entries will be accepted.
- All fish use be released - they may not be used for the weight category.
- All fish must be measured with an official 2016 F4AC measuring stick.
- Measuring stick must be labeled with boat number – which will be emailed to each boat on Friday evening, Nov. 4.
- All anglers emailing photos or hand carrying cameras MUST arrive by boat at the EYC dock prior to the 4pm deadline, see section 7 for details.
- Tournament officials reserve the right to examine the metadata of any photo image to confirm the validity of a claim. Photos with edited or missing/altered metadata may be disallowed at the official’s discretion. (THIS IS KEY, and is where we protect against fish caught on a different day….it is especially important if someone catches a fish over the size of the ruler and turns in a picture where there is no evidence of the ruler. Meta data is just one more piece of evidence to help the judges.
- The length of each fish will be determined by length measured from the tip of the snout to the tip of the tail (You may pinch the tail). Put the 2016 measuring stick on the deck of your boat. Lay the fish on the measuring stick, or next to the stick if the fish size will cover the entire ruler. Put the snout on the zero mark (the end of the stick). It helps to jam the measuring stick against a vertical surface to ensure that the zero mark, and the snout of the fish are even. Fish will be measured to the nearest 1/8th of an inch.
Participants enter the Tournament at their own risk and discretion.
- A registered angler may protest any other registered angler’s catch by filing a written protest to the tournament committee within 30 minutes of the end of the weigh-in period. The judges committee will settle any protest and their decision will be final.
- Failure to comply with any rule or regulation of the tournament, or law, rule or regulation of Maryland State Fishing guide, may cause the disqualification of an angler or the anglers catch. If a registered angler is so disqualified, their boat will not be entitled to any prize, award or refund.
- DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
All participants and guests of participants are responsible for their own personal safety and the security of their personal property and expressly assume any and all risks to their personal safety and well-being as a result of their participation in the tournament. It is a pre-condition of participation in the "Fish For A Cure Tournament" that all participants shall release and hold harmless anyone associated with this tournament from any and all claims, losses, costs and expenses, personal injuries, wrongful deaths and property damage, whatsoever, arising from or during participation in the Fishing Tournament. By electing to participate in the "Fish For A Cure Invitational Tournament", all participants agree to, and grant, this release of liability and shall not be permitted to withdraw or disavow that release of liability.